A component of the instructional program at Centennial Campus Magnet Middle School includes encouraging individual initiative and responsibility in all students. Focusing on leadership development with students supports this concept. Students are encouraged to incorporate Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People in their personal lives and in their relationships with others. Character traits are taught in conjunction with the habits. Teachers use various methods to teach students to take responsibility for learning including goal setting, recording data and sharing information with parents.
- Hosting school events
- Participating gin clubs and extra-curricular activities
- Interning with the university
- Organizing and participating in service learning opportunities
- Maintaining data notebooks
- Representing Centennial Campus Magnet Middle School at system-wide events
- Being recognized for demonstrating leadership