Each grade level at Centennial holds approximately 200 students, who are divided into small teams. These small teams help promote close interpersonal relationships; allow teachers to know and build upon student interests, strengths and learning styles more effectively; provide an supportive environment for students to interact in meaningful ways; make team planning easier and encourage more flexible use of time. Our unique schedule is designed to allow teacher and students large blocks on instructional time.
Integration is a key component to instruction and learning at Centennial Campus Magnet Middle School. This instructional approach allows students to actively explore and address real world issues, as well as understand the relatedness of all disciplines. Frequently, inquiry-based themes and issues rather than subjects are the curricular focus. The themes and issues selected are designed to speak to the needs, interests and concerns of young adolescents, and actively engage them in planning and assessing activities.
Our Instructional Program:
- Promotes critical and creative thinking
- Encourages students to question and discover, and make connections among the disciplines
- Responds to individual needs, learning styles and backgrounds of the students
- Encourages individual initiative and responsibility
- Utilizes the surrounding environment
- Includes a variety of teaching and learning strategies