The mission of Centennial Campus Magnet Middle School is to provide an exemplary educational community that encourages students and staff members to actively discover, integrate and apply knowledge in a dynamic global and technological environment.
The school involves a population of students, teachers and parents who frequently engage with faculty, students and the facilities of North Carolina State University’s 10 colleges, as well as its corporate and governmental partners on Centennial Campus, to extend and enhance instructional activities.
Through a curriculum delivery system that integrates skills and concepts of various disciplines, our students explore adolescent concerns and real-world issues. The instructional program at Centennial Campus Magnet Middle School incorporates many of the characteristics of the most effective middle schools:
- Student-centered environment
- Structured, orderly environment for learning
- Interdisciplinary teams of teachers with flexible scheduling.
- Diverse, age-appropriate instruction that appeals to the exploratory nature of middle school students
- Emphasis on the mastery of basic communication and mathematics skills
- Connection between school, home and community
- Successful experiences for all students
- Follows a modified calendar