Procedures for a SUCCESSFUL CCMMS Carpool
We ask all parents or responsible persons to adhere to these carpool guidelines as they have been designed to ensure the safe and orderly arrival and departure of students.
- Students should be dropped off between 7:05 AM and 7:25 AM and should exit the car quickly with their belongings.
- Pull ALL THE WAY DOWN to the cone AND/OR car bumper in front of you to maximize the number of students that can load/unload at once.
- Morning: All students should unload on the far side of the crosswalk. No students should be unloading in front of the Friday Institute at any time in the morning. The crosswalk must be clear for pedestrians at all times.
- Afternoon: Students should load on the far side of the crosswalk AND in front of the Friday Institute in order to expedite carpool. The crosswalk must be clear for pedestrians at all times. Students who are not picked up by 2:45pm will return to the office, and they will have to be signed out by a parent.
- Stay in the right hand lane when dropping off/picking up students.
- Only allow students to enter and exit from the passenger side of the car.
- Please watch for the attendant before pulling out of line to the left lane to exit.
- Please keep your speed to a minimum in the carpool loop.
- Parents are asked not to park in the parking lot to load or unload students. The safest and fairest system for ALL carpooling parents to follow the same guidelines.
- Drivers are asked NOT to park at anytime in the carpool lane. You must stay with your car. Attendants will assist finding your child. Parents are asked NOT to leave their cars to wait in the lobby of the Friday Institute.
- Cell phone use is highly discouraged during carpool to ensure the safety of students.
- Parents will be asked to move forward and go through the loop again if students are repeatedly holding up carpool due to lack of attention.